Curious to learn more about me? Your audience will be too! That is why I have prepared this speaker media kit with all the information you might need to advertise that I am speaking at your event.
This biography was written such that it can be easily adapted to the length appropriate for your event. Feel free to use only select paragraphs as you see fit.
Lukas Vermeer is an experienced experimentation practitioner. His specialty is designing and building the infrastructure and processes required to start and scale A/B testing to drive business growth.
Lukas combines industry experience in online experimentation and data science with an academic background in computing science and machine learning. For eight years, he was responsible for A/B testing at Booking.com, widely acknowledged leader in online experimentation. Lukas grew the Booking.com in-house experimentation team from four to thirty people, and became the first Director of Experimentation in the company.
Lukas plays an essential role in making A/B testing an integrated part of business processes. He is an advocate for accessibility of experimentation, helping people from any background (product owners, designers, developers, writers) to make the right decisions. He has accepted two Experimentation Culture Awards; once on behalf of Booking.com and once on behalf of the Vista Experimentation Hub. His impact was recognised in the Harvard Business Review story “Building a Culture of Experimentation” (March - April 2020 issue).
Lukas co-authored multiple influential academic papers on the topic of online experimentation. He spoke at 30+ conferences, including Growth Marketing Summit, CXL Live, and Google Catalyst Conference, SIGIR and KDD.
Currently Lukas is employed as Director of Experimentation at Vistaprint. He is also available as a freelance speaker and consultant to help businesses grow their experimentation culture.
Videos of previous talks
Moving fast, breaking things, and fixing them as quickly as possible
Moving fast, breaking things, and fixing them as quickly as possible at Conversion Hotel (2021).
Audience rating 4.21 out of 5.
One neat trick to run better experiments
One neat trick to run better experiments at Conversion Hotel (2019).
There are many pitfalls to avoid when running online experiments. In this presentation, Lukas will teach you one neat trick to run better experiments: the sample ratio mismatch check. Using this technique, you will make fewer mistakes, and make better decisions, while running experiments.
Audience rating 4.68 out of 5 (highest rating of all speakers).
Democratising Online Controlled Experiments at Booking.com
Democratising Online Controlled Experiments at Booking.com at Mind the Product (2018).
At Booking.com we have been conducting evidenced based product development using online experiments for more than ten years. Our methods and infrastructure were designed from their inception to reflect Booking.com culture, that is, with democratization and decentralization of experimentation and decision making in mind.
In this talk, we explain how our approach has allowed such a large organization as Booking.com to truly and successfully democratize experimentation.
No audience ratings available from this conference.
Data Science vs. Data Alchemy
Data Science vs. Data Alchemy at GOTO Conference (2016).
The “Big Data” and “Data Science” rhetoric of recent years seems to focus mostly on collecting, storing and analysing existing data. Data which many seem to think they have “too much of” already. However, the greatest discoveries in both science and business rarely come from analysing things that are already there. True innovation starts with asking Big Questions. Only then does it become apparent which data is needed to find the answers we seek.
No audience ratings available from this conference.
List of past engagements.
This is a selection of past public engagements. Internal company events for clients are not included.
- Conversion Hotel, Texel (November 20th, 2021)
- UXRConf Anywhere 2021, Online Event (February 24th, 2021)
- Nonprofit Innovation & Optimization Summit, Online Event (October 1st, 2020)
- Experimentation Culture Awards, Online Event (September 24th, 2020)
- Experimentation Works Panel, Online Event (September 10th, 2020)
- Conversion Hotel, Texel (November 23rd, 2019)
- Growth Marketing Summit, Frankfurt (September 3rd, 2019)
- International Conference on Computational Social Science, Amsterdam (Juli 19th, 2019)
- CXL Live, Austin (March 28th, 2019)
- State of Product Management, Amsterdam (November 16th, 2018)
- BNAIC/BENELEARN, Den Bosch (November 9th, 2018)
- Digital Elite Camp, Tallinn (June 15th, 2018)
- Savage Marketing, Amsterdam (June 13th, 2018)
- Mind the Product Engage, Hamburg (April 20th, 2018)
- KDD, Halifax (August 13th, 2017)
- SIGIR, Tokyo (August 7th, 2017)
- Marketing Festival, Ostrava (October 21st, 2016)
- GOTO Conference, Amsterdam (June 14th, 2016)
- Skyscanner Technical Thought Leader Series, London (May 23rd, 2016)
- Google Catalyst Conference, Dublin (February 12th, 2016)
- Leadership Challenges with Big Data Program, Erasmus University (November 24th, 2015)
- Challenges in Personalised Communication Symposium, Radboud University (October 2nd, 2015)
- ProductTank AMS Meetup (June 22nd, 2015)
- Berlin Machine Learning Group Meetup (May 4th, 2015)
- ConversionXL Live Conference, Austin (March 12th, 2015)
- Talk@Google: Always Be Testing (November 18th, 2014)
- Conversion Conference London (October 30th, 2014)
- Predictive Analytics World London (October 30th, 2014)
- Emerce Conversion Conference, Amsterdam (April 10th, 2014)
- Webanalytics Congres, Utrecht (April 3rd, 2014)
- Project Walhalla Conference, Nijmegen (April 18th, 2014)
- Predictive Analytics World London (Oct 23rd, 2013)
- RecSys:NL Meetup, Amsterdam (August 19th, 2013)